Thursday, April 8, 2010

"If you never do anything, you never become anyone."

As you already know, I am a firm believer that you should always read the book before seeing the film, so I read Lynne Barbers memoirs before seeing the multi award winning film. I devoured the book in one day and the film is now in my top 10 favourite films list. They are both simply brilliant.
Carey Mulligan and Peter Sarsgaard

Nick Hornby did an amazing job turning the memoirs into a screen play and transforming Lynne into the wonderful character Jenny, who Carey Mulligan plays so convincingly you cannot help but fall in love with her when you watch it.
It's the story of the clever school girl Jenny and her dilemma as she has to choose between going to Oxford University or marrying a charismatic older man, who whisks her away to Paris and introduces her to his glamorous friends. But he is not all as he seems...

Rosamund Pike and Dominic Cooper

I cried and laughed out loud at both the book and the film.
They made me want to visit Paris and go to fun parties and meet beautiful people and wear gorgeous clothes (the costumes in the film are breathtaking)
But of course even more than that watching and reading An Education just backs up my ambition to go to Oxford University, study English Literature and ride around on a beautiful bicycle- preferably this Pashley.
Clearly I cannot rave about how much I love the film enough, so go and read it and see it ok? Only then you will understand how much I love it.
Also Carey Mulligan wore this amazing Prada dress to the Oscars. Check out the little knives and forks and scissors! Unbelievably awesome, right?
Oh and did you know that she's going out with Shia Labeouf? She is one lucky lady.
Beth Ruby xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment