Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mad Men

I love Mad Men.
Set in 1960s New York, the television drama series follows Don Draper, the "biggest ad man in the business" and the ultimate anti-hero as he works in a competitive advertising agency on Madison Avenue.
It is superbly directed and every single frame is in itself a stunning photograph.
A snapshot from another era which I wish I could visit.
The brilliant series 3 is over, so I am pining after the next...


(Screenshots taken by me from the BBC i-player)














Joan Holloway (above- played by Christina Hendricks) is my absolute favourite character. She has killer lines and costumes. But it's also the fact that she hit her husband over the head with a vase of flowers when he was being rude. You don't get cooler than that.
Beth Ruby xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment